My Curriculum Vitae
Birth: August 7, 1972 at Tokyo, Japan
Current Working Address
Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières (French Geological Survey)
Direction Risque et Prévention
3 avenue Claude Guillemin, BP36009, 45060 Orleans Cedex, France
(Occasional Address: Once a week)
Ecole Normale Supérieure
Laboratoire de Géologie
24 rue Lhomond, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France.
- HDR en Science (French Research-Directorship), "Source Sismique - Physique et Perspective pour Aléa", University of Paris Diderot (Paris VII), May 2009.
- PhD in Science, Department of Earth and Planetary Physics, The University of Tokyo, Japan, "Theoretical studies on dynamic rupture propagation along a 3D non-planar fault system" under the direction of Professor Mitsuhiro Matsu'ura and Dr. Eiichi Fukuyama, Avril 1997 - March 2000.
- Master in Science, Department of Earth and Planetary Physics, The University of Tokyo, Japan, "Slip- and time-dependent fault constitutive law and earthquake rupture process" under the direction of Professor Mitsuhiro Matsu'ura, Avril 1995 - March 1997.
- Bachelor in Science, Department of Astronomy and Geophysics, Tohoku University, Japan, "Multi-fractal analysis on spatial pattern of seismicity" under the direction of Professors Masakazu Ohtake and Haruo Sato, Avril 1991 - March 1995.
- Associate Researcher: Labratoire de Géologie, Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris, since January 2017.
- Invited Professor: Research Center for Urban Security and Safety, Kobe University, Japan, July - September 2016.
- Associate Researcher: Institut des Sciences de la Terre d'Orléans, University of Orléans, France, 2012 - 2015.
- Invited Professor: Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University, Japan, January - April 2012.
- Joined as researcher in BRGM, France, September 2004.
- Project manager, 2005.
- Senior researcher, 2008.
- Senior research scientist (Expert Scientifique II), 2016.
- Postdoctral Researcher: Bureau d'Evaluation du Risques Sismiques des Installations Nucleaires, Institute de Radioprotection et de Surete Nucleaire, France, Feburary 2003 - September 2004.
- Invited postdoctral researcher: Institute for Crustal Studies, UC Santa Barbara, USA, August - September 2002.
- Postdoctral Researcher: Laboratoire de Geologie, Ecole Normale Superieure Paris, France, April 2000 - January 2003.
- The Young Scientists' Prize, Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan, April 2012.
- Prize of young seismologist, Seismological Soceity of Japan, May 2007.
- Postdoctral fellowships for research abroad, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Avril 2000 - March 2002.
- "Study on earthquake generation and seismic wave propagation" (grant 046700) for the use of national super computing center GENCI/CINES, 2012 - present.
- Coordinator of project "Development of Broadband Acceleration Timehistories for Engineers (DEBATE)" (BRGM, ENS Paris, IRSN, prive company), Agence Nationale de Recherche (program Risques Naturels), France, 2009 - 2011.
- Coordinator of project "Seismic simulation of complex source-site context (SEISMULATORS)" (BRGM, IPGP, ENS Paris, ECP, IRSN), Agence Nationale de Recherche (program Catastrophes Telluriques et Tsunamis), France, 2006 - 2008.
- Project Leader of Seismic Risk Research Group at BRGM, 2005 - 2012.
- Fellowship project "Theoretical study on rupture processes of interactinc complex fault systems", Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Japan, 2000 - 2002.
Financed Project Participations (selected)
- FP7 NEMOH "Numerical, Experimental and stochastic Modeling of vOlcanic processes and Hazard", coordinated by Paolo Papale (INGV, Italy), 2012-2015.
- FP7 MARSite "New Directions in Seismic Hazard Assessment through Focused Earth Observation in the Marmara Supersite", coordinated by Nurcan Meral Ozel (KOERI, Turkey), 2012-2015.
- ANR S4 "Subduction: standard and slow seismology", coordinated by Jean Virieux (ISTerre), 2012-2015.
- FP7 GEISER "Geothermal Engineering Integrating Mitigation of Induced Seismicity in Reservoirs", coordinated by Ernst Huenges (GFZ Potsdam), 2010-2013.
- "Liens entre complexité de la faille, essaimage de la sismicité et vitesse de rupture: l'importance de l'étude de la Faille Nord Anatolienne", coordinated by Dr. Jean Schmittbul (EOST-IPG Strasbourg), 2009-2011.
- "Rheologie des Asperites de Faille: Role des Fluides - Integration a l'Echelle du Cycle Sismique", coordinated by Dr. Renaud Toussaints, financed by Institute National des Sciences de l'Universe, France, 2007 - 2008.
- "Adaptation et optimisation des performances applicatives sur architectures NUMA: Etude et mise en oeuvre sur des application en sismologie (NUMASIS)", coordinated by Dr. Jean Francois Mehaut, financed by Agence Nationale de Recherche (program Calcul Intensif), France, 2006 - 2008.
- "Special Project for Earthquake Disaster Mitigation in Urban Area (Dai-Dai-Toku)" sponsored by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan, 2002 - 2007.
- "APEC Cooperation for Earthquake Simulation (ACES)" sponsored by Australia, China, Japan and USA, 1999 - 2004.
- "3D modeling of crustal deformation and tectonic stress loading process around Japan"coordinated by Professor Mitsuhiro Matsu'ura, financed by Minstry of Education, Japan, 1995 - 1997.