Welcome to my homepage. I am en earthquake seismologist, studying
earthquake source mechanism through understanding of dynamic rupture
and frictional process and data assimilation from near-field ground
motion and deformation.
Currently this homepage is under re-construction and only a few links and pages work. Sorry for inconvenience.
- Born in Tokyo, Japan.
- Graduated from Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, in 1995 (Seismology - Geophysics)
- Obtained PhD from the University of Tokyo, in 2000 (Geophysics, earth and Planetary Physics)
- Obtained HDR (French Research-Directorship) from the University of Paris Diderot (Paris VII), Paris, France, in 2009 (Science de la Terre et de l'Environement et des Planètes).
- Now senior research scientist (Expert Scientifique II) at BRGM (French Geological Survey).
- Also associate researcher at Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris since 2017.
- Fault rheology and rupture process - Earthquake seismology - Mechanics
- Wave radiation and near-field ground motion - Seismic Hazard Study
- Numerical modeling and high-performance computation
Current Topics (Details will come soon, hopefully)
- Seismological analysis of induced seismicity.
- Traffic-Light-System for safety of subsurface exploitation and injection for energy purposees.
- Modeling of rupture process of recent earthquakes.
- Aseismic slip modeling and hydro-mechanical coupling.
- Scenario earthquakes and ground motions in the Sea of Marmara. (not finished yet !?)